Everyday Mom's Meals: I Want My Baby Back.....
_____

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

I Want My Baby Back.....

Are you singing the song from the Chilis' commercial yet?? Or did you click on here thinking Adam's clothes were on the front lawn? Rest assured, we're good. I'm actually singing that catchy jingle in my head as I type this. Ribs are probably on my "Favorite Foods of all time" list. They aren't something I make a lot (Have you bought them lately? They ain't cheap!) but when I do I get so excited. The smells from the kitchen while they bake all day make my mouth water and start counting the minutes until supper. Of course, they are a summer time treat, but if I can make them year round....as long as Adam doesn't mind wearing snow boots to the grill :) Tender, juicy, bursting w/ flavor and falling off the bone-all things I look for in a good rib and I've achieved all of them in this recipe. We're very lucky to have a great butcher shop 10 minutes from our house, Jamison Meats, and they carry the best baby back ribs. Adam has them specialty cut into 3 "slabs" and they cut them extra thick for a more meat to bone ratio. If you are looking for one last Indian summer meal to enjoy before the soups and stews of chilly weather take over once and for all, might I suggest you gander into your local butcher shop and enjoy these at your table!

Baby Back Ribs
3 lbs. pork baby back ribs
Seasoning Blend ( I use one we buy from a local distributor called "Premium Blend". My guess of the ingredients: Paprika, Garlic Powder, Onion Pepper, Salt, Pepper, and maybe a little cayenne. But this is ONLY my guess.
Jack Daniels Original barbecue sauce, or your favorite

Preheat oven to 325. Line a large baking sheet w/ foil. Place ribs, meat side up on sheet. Season liberally w/ spice blend. Rub into meat. Sprinkle a little extra on. Cover w/ foil and cook for 3 hours. Remove from oven and baste w/ barbecue sauce. Place ribs in a preheated grill, over indirect heat. Cook 15-20 minutes basting w/ barbecue sauce. You can also finish them for the last 20 minutes in the oven.  I cook mine in the morning or early afternoon, leave on baking sheet on stove top and then grill before supper.


Shared on This Chick Cooks Oct. 12, 2011
Shared on Lady Behind the Curtain Oct. 12, 2011
Shared on Lark's Country Heart Oct. 12, 2011
Shared on Around My Family Table Oct. 13, 2011
Shared on It's A Keeper Oct. 13, 2011
Shared on Gooseberry Patch May 24, 2012
Pin It

3 comments:

laurie said...

These look awesome!

Jennifer {Mother Thyme} said...

Now I got that song in my head too! :) Ribs are my husbands favorites and these look absolutely fabulous! Finger licking good!!

Christine's Pantry said...

Looks wonderful. Yum!