Everyday Mom's Meals: IHOP at Home
_____

Friday, July 2, 2010

IHOP at Home

We all know when we go to IHOP we can have traditional maple syrup, or one of their yummy fruit syrups that they are famous for. And I've also thought those same syrups would be great as an ice cream topping. So the other night when I saw Adam put fresh black raspberries on a bowl of vanilla ice cream I decided I would try to find a simple syrup recipe he could use as an ice cream topping; and that we could use on pancakes (which we are having next week). My search lead me to recipezaar.com where I found this extremely easy recipe and I had it made within 15 minutes last night! And although it's only been sampled with a spoon, while still warm, it was given 2 thumbs up :-)

Raspberry Syrup
1 cup raspberries, fresh or frozen (Mine were frozen, so I ran them under cool water in a colander to thaw a little and drain)- mashed a little
1 cup sugar
2 TBS cornstarch
1 cup water

In medium saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in water. Over medium heat, bring mixture to a boil. Cook until thickened, stirring constantly. Stir in raspberries. Let cool and refrigerate.

No comments: