Everyday Mom's Meals: Happy Birthday Honey!!!!
_____

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Happy Birthday Honey!!!!

My loving husband turns 36 today. Instead of a cake, I'm attempting to do something I've never done before! Adam's favorite pie in the world is raspberry-more specifically, black raspberry. So I found this recipe at cooks.com and I am hoping it turns out well. I've never made it before, and if it is a total disaster, I guess the sentiment of "it's the thought that counts" will save me:-) Wish me luck--I will let everyone know tomorrow how it turned out.

Black Raspberry Pie
2 pie crusts
2/3 c. sugar
2 TBS cornstarch
1 tsp lemon juice
2 c. black raspberries, fresh or frozen
1/2 c. water

Cook all ingredients, except crusts, over medium heat stirring constantly, until mixture is thick.
Remove from heat and cool. Pour filling in an 8- inch pastry lined pie pan. Dot 1 TBS butter on top of filling. Cover with top crust. Bake @ 425ยบ for 35-40 minutes, or until crust is nicely browned.
Raspberries on FoodistaRaspberries

1 comment:

Krista said...

Pie is out of the oven and cooling. It turned out very nicely, if I do say so myself. Especially since it is the fruit pie I have EVER made! (Remember, I don't bake that often!! And most pies I make are "chilled" ones) It looks nice and I'm sure the only thing my hubby will care about is the flavor!